May 15, 2021

Growing in Wisdom and Faith!!

As I am going through the book of James, he mentions count it all joy when you fall into various trials. Not IF but WHEN. Many times we do not understand why we feel the way we do or why certain things or trials come into our life. 

Verse five he says If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 

I can honestly look back and see many trials that have come into my life and I also know God is using them to mold me more into HIS image and the person I am today.

Twenty three years ago Brian and I said “I do” and now looking back 13 years ago he was not here to celebrate this day with me. Brian had graduated to his heavenly home. Thirteen years ago we had two young men from Calvary Chapel Chico, California come to Belize and helped work on a house of a family that was in need. As hard as I tried to focus on the project it was hard: should have been out tenth anniversary but he was no longer there to celebrate. 

That was a super hard day and we all go through trials as some may be for other reasons but hard in their own unique ways. Allowing God to do the work in and through us during these hard trials is what makes us the person we become. 

How can we rise above the pain of losing a spouse or a child? We take the time to praise God for the time we did have with them. Yes, we miss them but lets not get stuck in a place where God can’t help us move forward. We need to take the time to grieve and mourn for our loved ones. We also grieve for those friendships that we use to have before our loved one left. Not everyone is comfortable with continuing a friendship with those that have lost loved ones. It is not easy but with Christ at our side we can move forward with the purpose He has for us.

Yesterday the rain was refreshing and today the sun is so inviting to be outside. 

Let’s take each day as a gift from God and appreciate those He places in it. 

Love you my friends and family and thanks for being there for me during the good and hard times. Let’s keeping looking to the goal and finishing the race!