May 2021

I want to thank you for the prayers and support on my behalf over the years. 

Without your love, prayers, and financial support, I could not be doing the ministry in Belize to which God has called me.

When Brian and I got married in 1998, we drove to Mexico and served there for 5-6 years until God placed Belize on our hearts. 

In 2004, a social worker from the foster care office came to visit and to see if we would consider being foster parents. Many children have come and gone through our home over the years. Some still stay in touch; others I have not been able to see what path they have chosen. I know God cares for each one even more than I do, and they are in His care. 

With each child there are different needs. Some may eat more than others, some have anger issues, and others have emotional scars. Whatever the case, I seek God’s guidance in the care of each child who comes to my home, whether it is for an overnight, a week, year, or more. 

As mentioned in previous updates, my heart is to start a home for those with special needs. Five years ago when Tino, who has microcephaly, came to my home, many in the community noticed his special needs. Parents of children with special needs have come to me as they feel I understand the struggles of life with a child who has limited mobility. At that time, I started to pray and ask God to provide a facility where parents or caregivers can find respite care. 

We have found a five-acre property that can be used for this home, which we have named, Casa de Shalom. The next question ishow can we fund the home? There are a number of suggestions: 1) raise animals which could be used for our own table food. 2) plant a garden to supply our own vegetables. 3) animals on the property are a wonderful therapy for children. 

Our vision is threefold:

  1. To see children and adults with special needs in our community celebrated and nurtured so they can reach their God-given potential.
  2. To provide respite for parents and foster parents who need a break.
  3. To provide emergency placement for children in need.


Each prayer warrior, donor, and volunteer is part of the Casa de Shalom family, partnering together to reflect God’s love and hope to each other and the community around us.

I desire to see each person with special needs living to their full potential, and I am eager to meet the workers God will choose for this project, according to His will.

As my parents are getting older and my dad is in need of a place in the care home facility, I decided this was a good time to come back and be a support for my mom. This will not be an easy transition as they have been married for 61½ years. I plan on being here for an extended stay to be a support and help for my parents. When I say extended stay, I plan on being here for about six months or until a room becomes available for my dad in the care home, and he gets settled.

Thank you once again for your love and support!

Love,

    Margaret


“With my whole heart I have sought You;

Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!

YOUR Word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against YOU.

Psalm 119: 10-11