October 2022

The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
    and with my song I praise Him.”

Psalm 28:7


Sometimes our plans are not the same as what God has planned for us! On October 13, I left Canada and flew into Reno, Nevada. I was picked up by my friends Jim and Kelly Wheaton from Graeagle.

We had a great weekend of catching up, hiking, and fellowship. That Monday I had the privilege of joining Gail’s Bible study and was given an opportunity to share a little about what God is doing in Belize. Later that day, I was having some stomach cramps, but by Tuesday the pain went more to the lower right. I was praying for God to give wisdom regarding whether or not to see a doctor. On Wednesday morning, we decided it was time to check in with urgent care in Sparks, Nevada, which is where I had planned to go to visit Colleen, my sister-in-law, and her family. 

The doctor at the urgent care center quickly sent me to the emergency room, where they did blood work and a CT scan. My white blood count was way up to 20,000, and the staff told me it should be under 10,000. Long story short, I had a ruptured appendix which has caused gangrene, making my situation a little more serious. They performed surgery on Wednesday at 5pm, and I was in the hospital until Saturday morning. 

My scheduled trip to Susanville for last weekend has been postponed, and my plans were to be in Chico by now. Lord willing, if I am feeling up to it I plan to be in Chico sometime after the 1st or 2nd of November. 

I have been recovering here in Sparks, Nevada at Colleen's house and feel I am getting stronger day by day. 

My original plan was to fly back to Belize on November 1, but I have delayed my flight by two weeks. Lord willing, I should be back in Belize by November 15. 



I did receive some exciting news a week before I left Canada. We have been praying about purchasing property to create Casa de Shalom, a home for those with special needs. 

We have now been given property to manage for the home by the Baptist Association! The property is the Baptist Training Center, which sits on ten acres of land in Belize. This place has hosted many missionary teams over the years, as well as children’s camps, youth camps, and retreats. The land will still be under the ownership of the Baptist Association, but the board of Casa de Shalom will manage and oversee the daily operations. 

Please continue to pray for: 

  • my health, as I heal before returning to Belize
  • God's perfect will to be done as we build Casa de Shalom
  • work teams to help build the house, and then for staff to serve at Casa de Shalom 


Thank you so much for your prayers, love, and support!