MAY 2023

 God is so faithful each and every minute of the day. The past couple of months have been filled with His blessings.

January, David Hansel came for two weeks to get some repairs done at BTC (Baptist Training Centre). I so appreciated all his hard work.  Then Beginning of February we had a Baptist church team come and they worked hard in re-doing the roof of the Hardy house. The Hardy House serves as our library, kitchen for the teams and the upstairs has rooms for teams. 

My sisters and their sister in law came for a week in February as well and helped move me to BTC. They worked hard and we got the majority moved in and able to bring some organization to the house I am living in now. 




The first weekend of March was my annual ladies retreat. This year we broke the record of number of ladies that attended. We had 107 ladies and was such a blessing that Denise Meyer came and brought our guest speaker for this year. Our theme was Joy of Surrender. Denise and her husband were missionaries in Belize city when we first moved here in 2004. Denise and I planned and organised the first retreat in 2007. Amazing how God has grown this ministry and ladies from all across Belize come. 


My cousins Loretta and Henry came from Manitoba to lend us a helping hand for five days. They were such a blessing in the work they did and also the fellowship they offered. 

David Wieler came from Alberta to take a tour of BTC and saw the need we had for a pump for our well. He did not waste time and went to pick up a pump in Spanish lookout the very next day and helped to install it. The day they were working on installing the pump I went to the airport and picked up Dora, Jake, Chris and Trevor Klassen from Manitoba. Minutes of arriving Jake and Trevor joined David and our care taker with the installing of the pump. It took Jake and Trevor the rest of the week to figure out how the water system works and also needed to get a new  pressure tank. Dora and Chris did yard work and organising the library as well. 

It was a blessing to be able to take them to Placencia for their last day and they experienced the sea and snorkelling. 


Such a blessing to see how God brings people to come help and we are overwhelmed with all the work that got done. 

My original plan was to head back to Manitoba in May as I need to renew my passport. Easter Sunday my dad took a turn for the worse and had abdomen pain and high fever. Monday he was taken to hospital for a ct scan and they found he had a very inflamed gallbladder. He is not doing well and is getting palliative care. I was able to get a flight out Friday 14th of April and arriving in Winnipeg Saturday the 15th. Please pray that I will be able to see him one last time, Lord willing. He has been a godly example to us and I know many have come to know  Christ through him and my mom over the years. 

I am blessed that my dad has run the good race and we are confident that he will hear “Well done, good and faithful servant” upon his graduation to his heavenly eternal home. 

Truly appreciate your prayers!


Psalm 119: 10-11  With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! 

YOUR Word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against YOU.