January 2016 Happy New Years!!



Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. Hebrews 12:2

Just finished a study with the ladies at church where we were encouraged to keep the faith and not allow the enemy to rob us of joy and peace that comes from our Lord and Savior. What a blessing to have a group of ladies, even if it is only few of us that meet regularly, to have that fellowship and prayer time together.
Each month has its own blessings and challenges. Beginning of December I was blessed to have Cory return to Belize after his five months in Alaska. He came back with many wonderful stories of all the things he experienced and learned. With being out of your comfort zone does draw you closer to your Maker because He is the only one that always stays the same.
Cory and I met in Phoenix where we were blessed to spend four days with our friends Andrew and Amber Walker and their two beautiful daughters. It was such a blessing to see you after so many years. Thank you for a weekend we will never forget.
The day we came home from Phoenix the social worker brought us a special needs little boy. He will be turning two years in February but he is mentally and physically more at the age of four to five months.

Some of the challenges we have faced in the last month or two is saying good bye to the twins who went to their adoptive family. Do not get me wrong I have peace that they are in a very loving Christian home. After 22 months in my care a special bond does form and they will always have that special place in my heart like so many others in the past. For Christmas Zion my two and a half year old spent two weeks with the twins. He will be the next one to be placed. We are not sure where he will placed at this time but there are several who are interested in adopting him. Praying for God’s perfect will in Zion’s life.
As 2015 came to an end I knew I had to make some decisions concerning Cory’s education and not sure which direction God desired for us to go. I found it hard to celebrate Christmas with feeling the pressure of needing to make a decisions along with missing loved ones. I had to come to the point of seeking peace in waiting on the Lord to see what is next. I was trying to make decisions quickly feeling Cory should be in school as the classes would start after the new year. Covet your prayers as we have started 2016 and continue to seek God’s will in the decisions ahead.
This past week I have had some trouble with getting my emails. So till the problem is fixed please send all emails to my new email address which is graceandmercy1985@gmail.com If you have sent me anything in the past week or two please resend to this email address. Not sure where all the emails went to that were in my inbox on my computer but they too have vanished.
Thank you once again for your faithfulness in praying for us and for all the little ones that have come and continue to come through this home.