October 2015


I had the opportunity to be in Sacramento for my father in law’s wedding in September. The whole weekend was a fun time with the Mooney family. I was blessed!! Then I flew to Anchorage, Alaska where a good friend that I met in Mexico met me at the airport. I had not seen Marie since our time serving in Mexico 13 or 14 years ago. She offered to give me a ride, which was a three hour drive to Talkeenta, to the Miller home where Cory is staying. It was such a blessing to see Cory and meet the rest of the Miller family. Cory has grown so much in his walk with God and is very thankful for this opportunity of learning how to not only fish but how to clean and fillet them. He has also had the opportunity to help butcher a moose two different times. He is doing home school along with the Miller children, which is another wonderful opportunity for him. The fall colors were just beautiful beginning of Sept, and the last time I saw fall colors was in 2008. It was truly a blessing and a refreshing time for me. God knows what we need and provides it just in time. We are looking forward to Cory’s home coming in December. 

It is really hard for me to say no when there is a child in need of a safe place. Sixteen months ago when I had a two year old in my care, the social worker called to see if I would be willing to take the twin girls that had been in my care for five months the year before. I could not say no and I was excited to see them again, but it was very sad that they came back in such bad health. They have changed so much in the past sixteen months. I give God the glory for the work He has done in them. This week I had to say no to a child that was only a year and a half needing a place to stay. 

As I seek God’s will for each child that comes into my home I know He is always there. He not only provides for the needs they have while in my home, but He also helps me emotionally let go when the time comes. We are in transition with the twins right now. They have been doing amazingly well with their new parents that will be adopting them. This past weekend they took the twins out for ice cream and had a few hours of fun time alone with them. It will seem very empty once they are gone but I am truly blessed how God has found a Christian home for them. 

Zion is my youngest one, active and full of joy most of the time. We continue to pray for God’s perfect will in his life as well. 

As overwhelming or tired as I have been at times I praise God for sending help. I was blessed that there were loving homes that were willing to take in my children while I went to visit my family in Canada for the month of July. In September Julie Stewart came down for a month and stayed with Zion while I was gone for two weeks. It sure is nice to have another adult in the home when there are three active two years olds running around. Eleven days after Julie left Raquel Enns came to help out. The little ones have kept her busy since day one. The other night as I was preparing supper I found it so quiet because Raquel took the little ones out to play, and they were well supervised. 

Our transportation has been a challenge at times when I like to buckle the little ones in car seats, but still need to have others with me. I have been praying about a need for a vehicle that seats at least eight or nine people. I know God knows what is ahead for us and what our needs are better then I do. If it is on your heart please join me in prayer for a good working vehicle, that has room for the car seats for the little ones, room for the help that comes down, and room for friends that need a ride to church. 
I want to thank each of you that have been supporting us here in prayer, financially and for all the encouraging emails and keeping in touch. I could not do this work here without the help of the physical, emotional and financial help of family and friends. Praying for God’s special blessings upon you.