May 2016

Our month of May has been busy but so very blessed. This past year a girl named Alicia from Mexico found me on Facebook and now a few months ago she said that her and her boyfriend wanted to get married. She said he had received Christ and they both wanted to live right in the eyes of the Lord. She use to come and visit us (when we lived in Mexico) every chance she got. Now she was asking if I could come to her wedding. She saw me as her spiritual mom and wanted both of her moms at the wedding. Cory and I started making plans to go to Mexico and God went before us and worked out the details. As I drove from San Diego into Mexico I felt like I was home. How familiar things can be even after 13 years. The day before the wedding Alicia introduces her husband to be to me as his mother in law. She told her two sons that Cory was their uncle. She named her first born son after Brian, which is such an honor and shows even after so many years God allowed me to see the fruit of our labor. It was a very God honoring wedding and I was also blessed to visit the Calvary Chapel church in Vicente Guerrero that friends of ours started. We had many God moments. Visiting a ministry that helps abused women and their children, Eternal Anchor who help children with special needs, Foundation for His Ministry, praying with my friend Johanne and so many more. 


After five days in Mexico we went back to San Diego where we met up with some friends and also a trip to Long Beach to visit with my father in law and his lovely bride and niece and her family. It was a truly blessed trip and even when I was kind of out of my comfort zone driving along these busy freeways, Cory was a great navigator. 


John 8:32 was our theme verse for our tenth annual ladies retreat here in Belize. We were truly blessed with the amount of ladies that came. We had around 60 ladies in all. In 2006 when Denise and I started our planning for our first retreat in 2007 we wanted to bless the ladies that we were ministering to and bring them together. Over the years I have been overwhelmed with the amount of support coming Anna Mensie who is a big part of our planning team and Spanish Lookout community. 
Our main team of planning but we get a lot of help and support from others as well. Thanks Rachel, Anna and Denise!
WE have been truly blessed and thanks so much for standing in prayer with us.